Day 1: Beijing to Xian (L)
You will take a morning flight at 8 am or 7 am from Beijing and arrive in Xian in two hours. Upon arriving at Xian Airport you will be met by your English-speaking guide and driver. After a quick and refreshing lunch at a nearby restaurant, you’ll get a chance to walk or take a bike ride around Xian's still functioning city wall. Xian is one of the few Chinese cities that still has its city wall intact. Next is a visit to the Muslim Quarter. Xian has one of the largest Chinese Muslims populations, so obviously the city’s Muslim Quarter is extremely important. Here you can find many Muslim restaurants and food stands, and shops selling traditional handicrafts. Almost all the local food and snacks are also available at the Muslim Quarter.
We’ll first set out for the Big Goose Pagoda. This pagoda is surrounded by a still functioning Buddhist temple (named Da Ci’en Temple). The Big Wild Goose Pagoda is one of the most famous Buddhist pagodas in China. The Pagoda was built in the Tang Dynasty (618-907) for the study of Buddhist scriptures.
You'll then be taken for some relaxation and fun at the Huaqing Hot Springs. Huaqing has been the site of a famous imperial bathing pool and various palace complexes over its 3,000-year history. It is a National Cultural Relic and one of China’s Hundred Famous Gardens.
Huaqing (Hua means brilliant, Chinese or flowery; qing means pure or clear) Hot Springs is located about 35 kilometers east of the city of Xi'an, at the foot of Li Mountain. The present day site is only a small part of the Tang Dynasty Palace, covering an area of 85,560 square meters. Entering by the west gate to the hot spring, you will see Nine Dragon Pool, Lotus Flower Pool and Frost Drifting Hall. All these structures were rebuilt in 1959 according to the Tang architectural style.
For dinner, you’ll have a real treat with Xi'an unique dumpling banquet followed by the Tang Dynasty Music and Dance Show. Xian is where that the art of creating the most tasty and delicate of dumplings was refined. No visit to the city is complete unless you partake of a Dumpling Dinner.
The Tang Dynasty Show is an outstanding exponent of this ancient stable and prosperous society, keeping alive its splendid culture and providing an insight into the peaceful life style of the period. As an art form, the show has its roots in folk fetes, when dances were first performed by people as part of rituals of prayer for a good harvest or a better life. Combining poetry with the skilled playing of musical instruments, singing, dancing and also stunning costumes, the modern presentation is certain to give you an impressive view of ancient China including its splendid history, brilliant arts, distinct traditions and customs.
For the night you will be staying at the four-star Ramada Hotel in Downtown Xian. The morning buffet (included) offer a huge variety of eye-catching northern Chinese food.
Day 2: Xian-Beijing (B, L)
Following breakfast in the hotel, we'll drive to visit the famous Terracotta Warriors.
The Eternal Romance of the Terracotta Warriors
"Qin Shi Huang drank mercury, thinking it would give him eternal life."
- BBC, April 12, 2017
The Terracotta Warriors is the result of the most significant archeological excavations of the 20th century. Work is ongoing at this site, which is around 1.5 kilometers east of Emperor Qin Shi Huang's Mausoleum.
Return Transportation Choices:
1) Take a high-speed train, arriving in Beijing before midnight.
2) Take an overnight sleeper train (Z20, Z44, T42, T44) at 19:00 and arrive in Beijing at 8 am the next day morning.
3. Take an evening flight at 9 pm and arrive in Beijing in two hours.
Included in Our Service Package
1) Flight and train tickets;
2) Local train station transfers in Xian;
3) Lunch and special dinner (the Dumpling Banquet);
4) Tickets to the Terracotta Museum, Big Goose Pagoda, Huaqing Hot Springs and the City Wall;
5) Dumpling Banquet and Tang Dynasty Music and Dance Show;
6) 4-star Hotel Ramada in Downtown Beijing
7) English-speaking guide;
8) Professional driver in Xian;
9) Private car in Xian.
Beijing airport or train station transfers
* Visit the Terracotta Warriors and Horses Museum, the greatest archaeological find in recent memory.
* Walk upon Xian's still-standing ancient city wall, a magnificent achievement in human engineering.
* Tour the famous Huaqing Hotspring.
* Enjoy Xian's famous Dumpling Banquet and Tang Dynasty Dance Show.
* For those with a tight schedule, this is an excellent way to experience one of China’s most popular and amazing attractions. You save your time by taking the overnight trains.
* You can continue traveling to Shanghai by train or air at the end of this tour. You can also leave for any other any other domestic or international destination such as Tibet or Hong Kong.
* You can extend your trip to Chengdu to be a volunteer to work for the lovely pandas by taking a bullet train from Xian.
More Terracotta Programs
Copyright © 2003-2019 Great Wall Adventure Club, USA & China - All Rights Reserved.