Day 1 : Beijing-Xian by overnight train Z19 (20:43-next day 07:58 am) or T43 (19:50-next day 8:34 am)
You'll board from Beijing West Station, where you may catch the 10-hour-long sleeper train to Xian at 8:40 pm. You may have a soft sleeper compartment of your choice, whether it being a four-passenger sharing a cabin or two-passenger luxury cabin with a private lavatory. You'll arrive the next morning in Xian, China's ancient capital, and home to the Terracotta Warriors.
Day 2 :Xian-Beijing by overnight train Z20 (19:55-next day 07:10 am) or T56 (19:00-next day 8:29 am) (B, L, D)
The Eternal Romance of the Terracotta Warriors
"Qin Shi Huang drank mercury, thinking it would give him eternal life."
- BBC, April 12, 2017
Upon arrival at the Xian train station, your English-speaking guide will meet you. He’ll take you to a local restaurant for a hot breakfast.
We'll then drive an hour outside the city to see Xian’s greatest attraction, and one of the greatest sites in all of China, the Terracotta Warriors and Horses Museum. The Terracotta Army was once developed to accompany the tomb of China's First Emperor as an afterlife guard. There are thousands of unique life-size terracotta soldier figures representing the first emperor's defend troops - Qin Shihuang. They have been molded in parts, fired, then assembled and painted. Our experienced tour guide will show you all the most essential details of the museum that you can't afford to miss.
After pausing for lunch at a closeby eatery, we’ll then drive back to Xian. You’ll get a chance to walk or take a bike ride around Xian's still functioning City Wall. Xian is one of the few Chinese cities that still has its city wall intact.
For dinner, you will enjoy a unique dumpling banquet dinner of all shapes and sizes in downtown Xian. Then you will be taken to the train station to ride back to Beijing. You will have a soft sleeper room with the preference of a shared or r luxury cabin.
Day 3 : Arrive in Beijing
After arriving back in Beijing you'll take a taxi to go back to your hotel, thus ending your tour.
Z19/T43, Soft-sleeper Train from Beijing to Xi'an
Z20/T44, Soft-sleeper Train from Xian to Beijing
1. The overnight sleeper train is NOT a bullet train. It is a regular express train. It leaves Beijing at 20:43 and arrives in Xian at 7:58, so it is 11 hours and 15 minutes.
2. We will only place you in a private compartment for two berths with a private bathroom. These are called deluxe compartments, available at a higher price for USD135/ticket. Private half-bath is only available in deluxe compartments. There is no private bathroom inside the standard compartment. You will share the bathrooms with others in the same carriage.
3. There is no delay under most weather conditions. Chinese trains are run on time perfectly. 4. Passport photocopy is required to book a ticket.
5. Advanced ticket booking with passengers' ID information is required.
Included in Our Service Package
1) Train tickets;
2) Local train station transfers in Xian;
3) Lunch and special dinner (the Dumpling Banquet);
4) Tickets to the Terracotta Museum and the City Wall;
5) English-speaking guide;
6) Professional driver in Xian;
7) Private car in Xian.
Beijing train station transfers
On budget? We have Terracotta Warriors daily group tour for only $79.