Day 1 : Beijing-Xian by overnight train Z19 (20:43-next day 07:58 am) or T43 (19:50-next day 8:34 am)
You'll board from Beijing West station wherever you may catch the 10-hour-long sleeper train to Xian. You may have a soft sleeper space, whereever either has four folks sharing one cabin or a pair of folks sharing a luxury cabin and personal lavatory. You'll decide which sort of cabin you may opt for (Private cabin is double the worth of shared cabin). You'll arrive the successive morning in Xian, China's ancient capital and home to the Terracotta Warriors.
Day 2 :Xian-Beijing by overnight train Z20 (19:55-next day 07:10 am) or T56 (19:00-next day 8:29 am) (B, L, D)
The Eternal Romance of the Terracotta Warriors
"Qin Shi Huang drank mercury, thinking it would give him eternal life."
- BBC, April 12, 2017
Upon arrival at the Xian train station you will be met by your travel guide and you will be taken to a local restaurant for a hot breakfast.
We'll then drive an hour outside the city to see Xian’s greatest attraction, and one of the greatest sites in all of China, the Terracotta Warriors and Horses Museum. The Terracotta Army was once developed to accompany the tomb of China's First Emperor as an afterlife guard. There are hundreds of special life-size terracotta soldier fashions represent the defend troops of the first emperor - Qin Shihuang. They have been molded in parts, fired, then assembled and painted. Our experienced tour guide will show you all the most important part of the museum that you can't afford missing.
After pausing for lunch at a closeby eatery, we’ll the drive back to Xian. Once we’re back in Xian you’ll get a chance to walk or take a bike ride around Xian's still functioning City Wall. Xian is one of the few Chinese cities that still has its city wall intact.
For dinner, you will enjoy a excellent dumpling ceremonial dinner of all shapes and sizes in downtown Xian. Then you will be taken to the train station to ride back to Beijing. You will have a soft sleeper room with preference of shared cupboard or luxury cabin.
Day 3 : Arrive in Beijing
After arriving back in Beijing you'll take a taxi to go back to your hotel, thus ending your tour.
Z19/T43, Soft-sleeper Train from Beijing to Xi'an
Z20/T44, Soft-sleeper Train from Xian to Beijing
1. The overnight sleeper train is NOT a bullet train. It is a regular express train. It leaves Beijing at 20:43 and arrives in Xian at 7:58, so it is 11 hours and 15 minutes.
2. We will only place you in a private compartment for two berths with private bathroom. These are called deluxe compartments available at higher price for USD135/ticket. Private half-bath is only available in deluxe compartments. Regular compartment has NO private bath and contains four berths, so you will share the bathrooms with others in the same carriage.
3. There is no delay under most weather conditions. Chinese trains are run on time perfectly.
4. Passport photocopy is required to book a ticket.
5. Advanced ticket booking with passengers' ID information is required.
Included in Our Service Package
1) Train tickets;
2) Local train station transfers in Xian;
3) Lunch and special dinner (the Dumpling Banquet);
4) Tickets to the Terracotta Museum and the City Wall;
5) English-speaking guide;
6) Professional driver in Xian;
7) Private car in Xian.
Beijing train station transfers
On budget? We have Terracotta Warriors daily group tour for only $79.
· Visit the Terracotta Warriors and Horses Museum, the greatest archaeological find in recent memory
· Walk upon Xian's still-standing ancient city wall, a magnificent achievement in human engineering.
· For those with a tight schedule, this is an excellent way to experience one of China’s most popular and amazing attractions.
· You can continue traveling to Chengdu (Home of the Pandas) by the bullet train at end of this tour. You can also leave for any other any other domestic or international destination such as Tibet or Shanghai or Hong Kong.
* You can extend your trip to Chengdu to be a volunteer to work for the lovely pandas by taking a bullet train from Xian.
More Terracotta Tour Programs
While you've been in Xian, you are not far from the home of the pandas. Join this special volunteer program at the Dujiangyan Panda Base to take advantage of the rare opportunity to take care of cute pandas. Get up close and personal with cute bears to help prepare food, clean up settlements, and even feed them. A private guide will make you feel at ease throughout the day.
* Learn the details of our volunteer to work for the lovely pandas program.
Copyright © 2003-2020 Great Wall Adventure Club, USA & China - All Rights Reserved.