Fly to Xian in Early Morning
You will take a morning flight at 7 am from Shanghai and arrive in Xian in just two hours.
Upon arriving at Xian Airport you will be met by your English-speaking guide and driver. From there, we will drive about an hour outside the city in order to visit the iconic Terracotta Warriors.
The Eternal Romance of the Terracotta Warriors
"Qin Shi Huang drank mercury, thinking it would give him eternal life."
- BBC, April 12, 2017
Terracotta Warriors and Horses of Qin Dynasty are typical of the funeral burial with figurines, and the pinnacle of funeral burial with figurines. The reason why the Qin figurines reached such a high level in scale and realism is that apart from the wisdom of the craftsmen, it is also inseparable from the will of Qin Shihuang, the first feudal emperor in history. There are three pits at the Museum are open with the first pit uncovered accidentally by the local peasants and the seond and third found by the experts.
We'll teat you lunch at a nearby restaurant, then drive back to Xian. You’ll get a chance to walk or take a bike ride around Xian's still functioning City Wall. Xian is one of the few Chinese cities that still has its city wall intact.
Fly Back to Shanghai in the Evening
Following your visit to the City Wall, we will treat you a dinner. You’ll be taken to the Xian Airport to go back to Shanghai. Your guide will help you with the check-in process. Your return flight can be at 8 or 9 pm.
Included in Our Service Package
1) Round-trip flight tickets;
2) Local airport transfers in Xian;
3) Lunch and special dinner (the Dumpling Banquet);
4) Tickets to the Terracotta Museum and the City Wall;
5) English-speaking guide;
6) Professional driver in Xian;
7) Private car in Xian.
Shanghai airport transfers
Our other guides Daniel and Melody were also very, very good and also very knowledgeable and patient, however the Wall and Beijing was such an incredible and personal journey, it was by far the highlight, along with the Terracotta Warriors.
-- Jeff S., Australia. Experienced Oct. 13, 2019
· Visit the Terracotta Warriors and Horses Museum, the greatest archaeological find in recent memory
· Walk upon Xian's still-standing ancient city wall, a magnificent achievement in human engineering.
· You will have the opportunity to try Xian's famous "Dumpling Banquet“ for your dinner before your fly to Shanghai.
· You can continue traveling to Chengdu (Home of the Pandas) by the bullet train at end of this tour. You can also leave for any other any other domestic or international destination such as Tibet or Chengdu or Hong Kong.
* You can extend your trip to Chengdu to be a volunteer to work for the lovely pandas by taking a bullet train from Xian.
More Terracotta Tours
Copyright © 2003-2020 Great Wall Adventure Club, USA & China - All Rights Reserved.