TOUR PRICE: $79 flat rate
Limited Time Promotion
1st Guest: 15% off
2nd Guest: 25% off
3rd Guest: 35% off
4th Guest and after: 45% off
* Catch stunning views at Simtatai and meet NO crowds on great rolling terrain.
* 2 hours of walking on the unrestored part of the Great Wall at East Simatai..
* Flat rate program in English withi discounts for more than one members of your party
* Group size varies from 5 people to 20 people depending on the signups of each day
* Bread and water for breakfast are included if you have to miss your breakfast in your hotel.
* Bonus tour to Gubei Watertown
* Last-minute signup is OK, even past the midnight. There is NO deadline.
* Available every day!
* Group transport on a coach bus;
* Bread and water for those who do not have time to take the breakfast on Day 1;
* General admissions to Simatai and the Watertown;
* Free morning pickup if your hotel is within the 2nd Ring Road (Loop). If you stay outside this radius, please go to our meeting point at Chaoyangmen Subway Station, a very easy place to get together.
(Private hotel transfer is $19 per car if you stay outside the loop.)
7:20 am: Meet at Chaoyangmen Subway Station Exit A. Depart for Jinshanling Great Wall.
10:00 am : Arrive at Gubei Watertown. You can walk into the watertown and go for the direction to Simatai.
The Simatai section of the Great Wall is situated at Gubeikou, an old town of strategic significance and is now managed by Gubei Watertown Resort. It is among the best-preseved sections of the Great Wall of the Ming Dynasty. The Simatai section spans 5.4 kms and has a total of 35 watchtowers. Due to the safety concern, Gubei Watertown only open the eastern watchtowers 2 to 10 to the public at this time, but you will still the Single-sided Wall that only can be found at Simatai. This type of wall looks like a Heavenly Stairway as local people call.
A fantastic section characterized by delicate and unique design and diversified structures, it incorporates a variety of the styles of other parts of the Great Wall, Simatai is reputed as the Museum of the Great Wall. Besdies its picturesque landscapes, Simatai is also a treasure of historical and cultural heritage.
You may walk and climb to the watchtower #5 and hike from there, or you can take the cable car to go up or down with extra fee.
Situated in Gubeikou Town of Miyun County in Beijing, Gubei Water Town surrounds the beautiful Mandarin Duck Lake Reservoir and leans against the Simatai Great Wall, the most dangerous and majestic section of the entire Great Wall. Regarded as 'Wuzhen in Beijing', Gubei Water Town boasts a combination of mountains, water and ancient villages.
The water town is built on the former 5 sub natural villages of Simatai Village at the foot of Simatai Great Wall. The Simatai village was developed from Simatai Castle built during the reign of Emperor Wanli ( 1573 -1620 ) in Ming Dynasty (1368–1644).
It is not just a historical water town but is a northern Chinese version of Wuzhen Water Town in the Southern China, has developed into a large-scale sightseeing and holiday destination. Covering an area of 3.5 square miles (9 square kilometers), the holiday resort includes two scenic districts, the Gubei Water Town and the Simatai Great Wall.
3:30 pm: You will get on our coach bus to return to Beijing. You will be dropped at Dongzhimen Bus Terminal where you can transfer to Subway Line 2 or other bus to go back to your hotel. Your guide can give you further direction on the bus.
The green shade is where this cover covers.
Copyright © 2003-2020 Great Wall Adventure Club, USA & China - All Rights Reserved.