TOUR PRICE: $259 flat rate
Limited Time Promotion
1st Guest: 11% off
2nd Guest: 22% off
3rd Guest: 33% off
4th Guest and after: 44% off
* If you are looking for breathtaking views with a relatively more affordable walk, then this hike will be right up your alley!
* Catch stunning views and meet NO crowds on great rolling terrain.
* 3-3.5 hours of walking on the Great Wall at Jinshanling
* 2-3 hours of walking on the Great Wall at Simatai and a night tour to the lit-up Simatai
* Walk from the restored part to the original wide side, covering the best three sections of the Great Wall.
* Flat rate program in English with discounts for more than one members of your party
* Group size varies from 5 people to 35 people depending on the signups of each day
* Lunch, dinner and breakfast are included.
* Camp on the Great Wall at night to experience what the ancient warriors could do.
* Bonus tour to Gubei Watertown
* Last-minute signup is OK, even past midnight. There is NO deadline.
* Available every day!
> Visit Photo Gallery
* Group transport on a coach bus;
* Private car transfers between Jinshanling and Gubeikou sections;
* Bread and water for those who do not have time to take the breakfast on Day 1;
* Restaurant lunch and dinner;
* Continental breakfast on Day 2;
* Bottled water;
* General admissions to the Great Wall sections and the Watertown;
* Camping gears (tent, sleeping bag and mattress)
* English-speaking guide on Day 1 hike.
* Free morning pickup if your hotel is within the 2nd Ring Road (Loop). If you stay outside this radius, please go to our meeting point at Chaoyangmen Subway Station, a very easy place to get together.
(Private hotel transfer is $19 per car if you stay outside the loop.)
Between 6:30 am and 7:30 am, you will be picked up from your hotel by your English-speaking guide and driver if you are staying in a hotel within the 2nd Ring Road. Otherwise, you will meet us in the Chaoyangmen Subway Station to board the bus for today's tour. From Chaoyangmen, we will make the approximate 2.5-hour drive to the Gubei Watertown. Then it'll be your self-guided tour. You may hike the Simatai Great Wall and the Watertown at your freedom. In the evening, we'll transfer you to Gubeikou Great Wall and set up the tent on the Great Wall for you to camp tonight.
Wake up to enjoy the fantastic sunset from the camping tower. We'll transfer you to Jinshanling Great Wall. You'll meet with a new guide to hiking at Jinshanling for three hours. After lunch, get on our bus to return to Beijing at 4 pm.
7:20 am: Meet at Chaoyangmen Subway Station Exit A. Depart for Gubei Watertown.
10 am: Your guide is handing over you the Watertown ticket, including the Simatai tour. You will start your time by yourself inside the Watertown.
The Simatai section of the Great Wall is situated at Gubeikou, an old town of strategic significance now managed by Gubei Watertown Resort. It is among the best-preserved sections of the Great Wall of the Ming Dynasty. The Simatai section spans 5.4 km and has a total of 35 watchtowers. Due to the safety concern, Gubei Watertown only opens the eastern watchtowers 2 to 10 to the public at this time, but you will still the Single-sided Wall that only can be found at Simatai. This type of wall looks like a Heavenly Stairway as local people call.
A fantastic section characterized by the delicate and unique design and diversified structures incorporates a variety of the styles of other parts of the Great Wall, Simatai enjoys the reputation of the Museum of the Great Wall. Besides its picturesque landscapes, Simatai is also a treasure of historical and cultural heritage.
You may walk and climb to the watchtower #5 and hike from there, or you can take the cable car to go up or down with extra fees.
You will tour the Gubei Watertown for the rest of the day. Situated in Gubeikou Town of Miyun County in Beijing, Gubei Water Town surrounds the beautiful Mandarin Duck Lake Reservoir and leans against the Simatai Great Wall, the most dangerous and majestic section of the entire Great Wall. Regarded as 'Wuzhen in Beijing,' Gubei Water Town boasts a combination of mountains, water, and ancient villages.
The water town is built on the former five subnatural villages of Simatai Village at the foot of Simatai Great Wall. The Simatai village was developed from Simatai Castle built during the reign of Emperor Wanli ( 1573 -1620 ) in Ming Dynasty (1368–1644).
It is not just a historical water town but also a northern Chinese version of Wuzhen Water Town in Southern China. It has developed into a large-scale sightseeing and holiday destination. The holiday resort includes two scenic districts, the Gubei Water Town and the Simatai Great Wall.
Toward evening, you may go back to Simatai and have an excellent evening tour to see the Wall lit-up. Please be advised you may only walk 2 to 3 watchtowers at night where the Wall is lit up.
You may call our Gubeikou staff to transfer you to Gubeikou Great Wall to camp at night in a watchtower after you walk down.
Your guide will walk with you to the watchtower called "The General's Tower" to set up the tent with you. The tent, sleeping bag, and mattress are provided. In cold weather, doubled sleeping bags are offered to allow you to have a good sleep at a low temperature. You'll enjoy the rest of the night under the stars and the Moon inside the tower.
5:30 am: Wake up and welcome the beautiful sunrise that is only possible to watch by sleeping on the Wall. Take lots of photos if you can. You can fly a drone here if you wish.
6:30 am: Continental breakfast.
10:00 am: Your camping guide will transfer you to Jinshanling. You will hike with a group at this part of the Wall. Today's hike takes about 3.5 hours at Jinshanling and across to West Simatai or called "Second Valley," also a part of Jinshanling.
The Great Wall at Jinshanling is one of the Great Wall's best-preserved parts with many original features. It got its name because it was built on the Greater and Lesser Jinshan ('Gold Mountain') Ranges. The Jinshanling Great Wall has not been repaired since 1570. It is a remote and relatively isolated section of the Great Wall. The Jinshanling Great Wall was initially built from 1368 to 1389 in the Ming Dynasty (1368-1644), and in 1567 and 1570 rebuilding of the Wall was mainly directed by General Qi Jiguang (1528-1588). As there are relatively few tourists at Jinshanling Great Wall, it is an excellent place to explore on foot.
2:30 pm: Gourmet lunch at a local restaurant at the foot of the Great Wall.
3:30 pm: You'll get on our bus to return to Beijing.
Hike 3 hours at Jinshanling and continue to watch the sunset at Gubeikou.
Truly our best-selling Great Wall camping tour at Gubekou with 3 hours of Jinshanling hike included.
Affordable group tour with daily departure. No signup deadline. Lunch included.
The Forbidden City requires advanced ticket booking only online. It's a hassle to international travelers. Lket us take care of it for you!
Copyright © 2003-2020 Great Wall Adventure Club, USA & China - All Rights Reserved.