Fly to Xian in Early Morning
You will take a morning flight at 7 am from Beijing and arrive in Xian in just two hours.
Upon arriving at Xian Airport you will be met by your English-speaking guide and driver. From there, we will drive about an hour outside the city in order to visit the iconic Terracotta Warriors.
The Eternal Romance of the Terracotta Warriors
"Qin Shi Huang drank mercury, thinking it would give him eternal life."
- BBC, April 12, 2017
A group of peasants uncovered some pottery while digging for a well nearby the royal tomb in 1974. Life size terracotta figures of warriors and horses arranged in battle formations are the star features at the museum. They are replicas of what the imperial guard should look like in those days of pomp and vigor.
After pausing for lunch at a nearby restaurant, we’ll the drive back to Xian. Once we’re back in Xian you’ll get a chance to walk or take a bike ride around Xian's still functioning City Wall. Xian is one of the few Chinese cities that still has its city wall intact.
Fly Back to Beijing in the Evening
Following your visit to the City Wall, another iconic historic stwe will treat you a dinner. You’ll be taken to the Xian Airport to go back to Beijing. Your guide will help you with the check-in process. Your return flight can be at 8 or 9 pm.
Included in Our Service Package
1) Flight tickets;
2) Local train station transfers in Xian;
3) Lunch and special dinner (the Dumpling Banquet);
4) Tickets to the Terracotta Museum and the City Wall;
5) English-speaking guide;
6) Professional driver in Xian;
7) Private car in Xian.
Beijing airport transfers
On budget? We have Terracotta Warriors daily group tour for only $79.
· Visit the Terracotta Warriors and Horses Museum, the greatest archaeological find in recent memory
· Walk upon Xian's still-standing ancient city wall, a magnificent achievement in human engineering.
· You will have the opportunity to try Xian's famous "Dumpling Banquet“ for your dinner before your fly to Beijing.
· You can continue traveling to Chengdu (Home of the Pandas) by the bullet train at end of this tour. You can also leave for any other any other domestic or international destination such as Tibet or Shanghai or Hong Kong.
* You can extend your trip to Chengdu to be a volunteer to work for the lovely pandas by taking a bullet train from Xian.
More Terracotta Tours
While you've been in Xian, you are not far from the home of the pandas. Join this special volunteer program at the Dujiangyan Panda Base to take advantage of the rare opportunity to take care of cute pandas. Get up close and personal with cute bears to help prepare food, clean up settlements, and even feed them. A private guide will make you feel at ease throughout the day.
* Learn the details of our volunteer to work for the lovely pandas program.
Copyright © 2003-2020 Great Wall Adventure Club, USA & China - All Rights Reserved.