10% off for the 1st gust;
20% off for the 2nd guest;
30% off for the 3rd guest and more additional guests;
40% off for seniors of 65+ or kids under 12.
* If you are looking for breathtaking views with a relatively more affordable walk, then this hike will be right up your alley!
* Last-minute sign-up till 10 pm is accepted based on the availability of seats.
* Catch stunning views and meet NO crowds on great rolling terrain.
* 3-3.5 hours of walking on the Great Wall with a distance of roughly 6 kms.
* Walk from the restored part to the original wide side.
* Suitable for families with kids or seniors.
* Group size varies from 5 people to 25 people depending on the signups of each day
* English-speaking tour guide.
* Included: General admission to the Great Wall!
* Easy-to-find meeting point at Subway Station
* Included: Snack and bottled water for early morning pickups and gourmet Chinese lunch prepared freshly!
* Included: Free hotel pickup in the morning if your hotel is within the 3rd Ring Road Loop!
VIP sedan hotel pickup outside of the 2nd Ring Road Loop, add CNY 69-139 (US$9.99-US$19.99) per vehicle
Between 6:30 am and 8 am, you will be picked up from your hotel by your English-speaking guide and driver. From there we will make the approximate 2.5 hour drive to the Great Wall at Jinshanling. A day earlier, you’ll hear from your tour guide about the estimated pickup time from your hotel’s phone or your personal Chinese mobile phone. Please have a big breakfast and bring some snack with you for this long day.
The Great Wall at Jinshanling is one of the best preserved parts of the Great Wall with many original features. It got its name because it was built on the Greater and Lesser Jinshan (Gold Mountain, literally) Ranges. A tablet with the Chinese inscription for Jinshanling Great Wall was set into this section. The Jinshanling Great Wall has not been repaired since 1570. It is a remote and relatively isolated section of the Great Wall. As there are relatively few tourists at Jinshanling Great Wall, it is definitely a good place to explore on foot and see the real Great Wall.
After about 90 minutes of hiking we will eventually pass over into the West Simtai which is now a part of Jinshanling geographically. The hills in the west are sloping gently, with 20 watchtowers remaining in good shape. The Simatai section of the Great Wall is one of the few sections to retain the original appearance of the Great Wall. Incorporating a variety of characteristics of other sections of the Great Wall, Simatai also displays some unique features of its own. It is often described with the following five words: perilous, dense, diverse, artful, and peculiar.
Following our trek, we will stop at a local restaurant where you will get to try refreshing and authentic rural Chinese dishes.
Since this trip goes very far to Jinshanling and then returns, and in order to ensure that guests spend enough time touring Jinshanling, we are afraid we will not drop off guests at each place (hotels, primarily) after the group returns to Beijing around 6 pm, right in the middle of the horrible rush hour. Instead, we will drop everyone off at the Dongzhimen Subway Station to save your time. Guests can take subways, buses or taxis to return to their own hotels or somewhere to enjoy the night in Beijing.
[What Our Recent Guest Said about His Experience]
"A great trip, well organized, with a friendly group. It was everything we wanted it to be: we got the hike (wonderful), we got snacks and water, we were picked up and delivered back, and we had a great lunch to round it off. Absolutely recommended. I'd go with GWA again, no hesitation.
The four of us were also extremely grateful to GWAC for refunding the money of the fifth member of the party, who was too ill to come, without any quibbles. That was kind, and left us with a very good feeling!"
- Nick H. from U.K., on TripAdvisor
The red-shade is the area is where this tour covers. We will drive about 2 hours on a highway from Beijing to the Great Wall. Typically we will leave at 7-8 am from your hotel.
You may find our Mutianyu group tour interesting. Please compare.