* Exploring the best of the eastern portion of the Great Wall to Beijing!
* Seeing amazing panoramas and vistas that can only be seen by hiking these areas!
* Seeing a section of the wall which exemplifies the entire wall in architecture, scenery, ruggedness, and military importance.
* Opportunity to sleep overnight on the Great Wall (summer and fall)
* All meals and home-stays/hostels are included!
* Due to the high and heavy volume of camping equipment (tents, pads, sleeping bags, etc.) in use during your Great Wall hiking tour, we kindly ask that you give your guide a helping hand in getting your equipment up to the watchtower where you'll spend the night. As always, we will provide the equipment itself, and this request applies to all able-bodied and healthy participants (and not kids or the elderly that are participating). In addition, now that the weather in northern China is beginning to turn cool, we advise that you prepare your own thermal flask (for hot water or coffee). Due to the long distance from the restaurant to the watchtower, it may be difficult to provide warm drinks for that purpose. We thank you for your cooperation and understanding!
Gubeikou is mostly Wild Wall. It was first built during the Northern Qi Dynasty (550-557) and rebuilt in Ming Dynasty (1368-1644). Stretching for about 25 miles (40 kilometers), there are 172 watchtowers, 14 beacon towers, 16 passes, 3 water passes, 3 barbarians, and 6 fortresses along it.
In 1933, Chinese army fought against Japanese invasion troops at Gubeikou. In the four-month-long battles, over 5,000 Japanese soldiers were killed while 9,000 Chinese soldiers died. You can see that Gubeikou is not merely a relic but it remained as a battlefield in modern world.
We will return to Beijing in late afternoon.
Meals: B, L, D
Accommodation: Jinshanling Hostel
Our hike will start from Simatai, and we will make our way west along the wall into Jinshanling. This is the classic Great Wall that hikers are very thrilled about. wall enthusiasts have done. The Wall runs from deteriorated wild state to the restored in the end to allow hikers to compare the differences between the two wall status.
Tonight, we will camp on the Great Wall in an ancient watchtower.
Meals: B, L, D
Accommodation: Jiankou Hostel
Jiankou is the part where the shape of the mountain looks like an arrow, with the collapsed ridge opening as its arrow nock. It is known for its ruggedness and wild beauty, and you will be in awe of the marvelous views it affords. As soon as we reach Jiankou we will see a deserted watchtower that gives you a panoramic view of the entire valley. In the early morning the view is priceless with its morning fog. This is the pinnacle of exotic Great Wall scenery.
Once we descend from the Great Wall we will spend the night at a farmer’s inn.
Meals: B, L, D
Accommodation: Laohe's Inn
From Jiankou we will cross over onto Mutianyu, a section of the Wall that has been largely restored. Although it has gotten a face-lift, it avoids the army of tourists that plague Badaling. Mutianyu offers some breathtaking views of the valley and wall below, and if you look to your right you’ll see a large sign engraved in the side of the mountain encouraging you to “Cherish the teachings of Chairman Mao.” Mutianyu has also become popular for visiting foreign leaders and celebrities.
We will drive to Huanghuacheng to camp on the Great Wall tonight.
Meals: B, L, D
Huanghuacheng is the only section that sits beside the lakes, so it is called Lakeside Great Wall. Since the lake breaks this section of the Great Wall into three segments naturally, its uniqueness might surprise you.
The Hanghuacheng Reservoir lies here, shaped like a curved moon. The highest point of the wall is a broken watchtower, and from there you will have a wide panoramic view of the whole valley. From this summit the Wall dives steeply downwards into the valley.
Customers have questions, you have answers. Have a food allergy or restricted diet? Just let us know and we'll make sure there are meal options available to you
1 person: US$1629
2 persons: US$989 pp
3 persons: US$959 pp
4-5 persons: US$899 pp
6-9 persons: US$859 pp
10+ persons: US$769 pp
Early-bird discount (booking 6 months in advance): 10% off
Holiday discounts, seasonal discounts, and other special discounts available
Write us your story of this 5-day trek by detailing your activities day by day. Send to us for a review. We will reward you up to US$150 cash.
* Personal transfers from and to hotel
* Entry fees to the Great Wall
* One night camping in a watchtower
* Accommodation of 3 nights in local hostels or farmer's courtyards
* 5 lunches, 4 dinners and 4 breakfasts
* Quality vehicle, professional driver and English-speaking tour guide
* Free membership card
* A credit of US$50 when you reserve the next tour with us
Copyright © 2003-2019 Great Wall Adventure Club, USA & China - All Rights Reserved.