* Hike the Great Wall at Mutianyu, a prime piece of restored Great Wall which bends and twists over the countryside.
* This tour comes with your own English-speaking guide and driver, ensuring that your tour is a safe and relaxing excursion.
* Included: General admission to the Great Wall!
* Included: Gourmet Chinese lunch prepared freshly!
* Included: Hotel (or nearby meeting point) pickup in the morning!
* Available everyone. Signup today, tour the next day!
* Recommended by USA Today and Fordor's Tour Book
At about 6-7 am your English-speaking guide and driver will pick you up from your hotel/hostel (with the 3rd Ring circle), and from there we will make the approximate one-hour drive to the Mutianyu Great Wall. This section of the Great Wall is a masterpiece of restoration, with 22 original style watchtowers. Mutianyu [moo-tyen-yoo], meaning 'Admire Fields Valley', is the longest fully-restored Great Wall section open to tourists. The wall, built with slabs of granite, is 22 km (14 miles) long, seven or eight meters high and four or five meters wide, crenellated on both sides.
The hike will take about 2.5 hours.
Once we’re done, you can hike down to the parking lot, take a cable car, or take a toboggan ride (highly recommended, and lots of fun!) down to meet our driver. We’ll then have lunch at a local restaurant, allowing you to refresh and recharge yourself after today’s hike. You’ll then be taken back to Beijing, where you’ll be dropped off at the nearest subway station to your hotel or your evening event such as as an acrobatic show or Kungfu show that you can also book through us.
Included: Personal pickup from your hotel in the morning (within the 2nd Ring Loop circle), general admission to Mutianyu, English-speaking tour guide, nice minivan, and lunch. Out of the complimentary pickup circle, only $9 per car for a personal pickup.
The red-shade is the area is where this tour covers. We will drive about 2 hours on a highway from Beijing to the Great Wall. Typically we will leave at 7-8 am from your hotel.
You may be interested in our Jinshanling-Simatai daily group hike. Please compare.
Copyright © 2003-2019 Great Wall Adventure Club, USA & China - All Rights Reserved.