Fly to Xian in Early Morning/Take an Early Train to Xian
You will take a morning flight at 7 am from Beijing and arrive in Xian in just two hours. Or, you can also take an early bullet train at 6:20 am and arrive by 11 am. Either is convenient, but flying will give you two extra hours in Xian.
Upon arriving at Xian Airport or Train Station, you will be met by your English-speaking guide and driver. From there, we will drive about an hour outside the city in order to visit the iconic Terracotta Warriors.
The Eternal Romance of the Terracotta Warriors
"Qin Shi Huang drank mercury, thinking it would give him eternal life."
- BBC, April 12, 2017
A group of peasants uncovered some pottery while digging for a well nearby the royal tomb in 1974. Life size terracotta figures of warriors and horses arranged in battle formations are the star features at the museum. They are replicas of what the imperial guard should look like in those days of pomp and vigor.
After pausing for lunch at a nearby restaurant, we’ll the drive back to Xian. Once we’re back in Xian you’ll get a chance to walk or take a bike ride around Xian's still functioning City Wall if you fly to Xian i the morning. Xian is one of the few Chinese cities that still has its city wall intact.
Following your visit to the City Wall, you’ll be taken to the Xian train station to go back to Beijing.
Return on Bullet Train:
Train G666 (16:00-21:30): If you are in a hurry and just want to tour the Terracotta Warriors, pleases choose this train.
Train 668 (17:35 - 22:48) OR
Train 670 (17:59 - 23:29)
There are Coach (2nd Class), First-Class and Business Class seats to go with.
Return by Air:
There are evening flight that you can catch. Usually, the fare is higher than the train price. But sometimes we see discount fare, which can save your travel time so that you will have more time for touring.
Included in Our Service Package
1) Flight and train tickets;
2) Local airport and train station transfers in Xian;
4) Tickets to the Terracotta Museum and the City Wall;
5) English-speaking guide;
6) Professional driver in Xian;
7) Private car in Xian.
Beijing airport and train station transfers
On budget? We have Terracotta Warriors daily group tour for only $79.
· Visit the Terracotta Warriors and Horses Museum, the greatest archaeological find in recent memory
· Walk upon Xian's still-standing ancient city wall, a magnificent achievement in human engineering.
· For those with a tight schedule, this is an excellent way to experience one of China’s most popular and amazing attractions.
* You can continue traveling to Chengdu (Home of the Pandas) by the bullet train at end of this tour. You can also leave for any other any other domestic or international destination such as Tibet or Shanghai or Hong Kong.
* You can extend your trip to Chengdu to be a volunteer to work for the lovely pandas by taking a bullet train from Xian.
More Terracotta Programs
While you've been in Xian, you are not far from the home of the pandas. Join this special volunteer program at the Dujiangyan Panda Base to take advantage of the rare opportunity to take care of cute pandas. Get up close and personal with cute bears to help prepare food, clean up settlements, and even feed them. A private guide will make you feel at ease throughout the day.
* Learn the details of our volunteer to work for the lovely pandas program.
The Terracotta Army Museum is located 30 kilometers east of Xi'an. The unearthed square of terracotta warriors and horses is undoubtedly the greatest archeological find of the twentieth century. The museum consists of three pits: pits 1, 2 and 3.
Pit No. 1 is the most impressive. HTC has a large number of terracotta warriors and horses on display. Pits 2 and 3 are also worth visiting and very interesting, but not as impressive as Pit 1. If you don't have enough time, you can skip the visit to Pit 2 and Pit 3.
The museum also has a 360-degree screen movie, which fully displays the excavation of terracotta warriors and Chinese history. It has English alphabets and is very cool. The movie is about 15 minutes long. Movie tickets are included in the admission tickets.
In addition to these three terracotta warriors and horses pits, the bronze carriage exhibition hall is also worth a visit.
Copyright © 2003-2020 Great Wall Adventure Club, USA & China - All Rights Reserved.