TOUR PRICE: $259 flat rate
Limited Time Promotion
1st Guest: 11% off
2nd Guest: 22% off
3rd Guest: 33% off
4th Guest and after: 44% off
* If you are looking for breathtaking views with a relatively more affordable walk, then this hike will be right up your alley!
* Catch stunning views and meet NO crowds on great rolling terrain.
* 3-3.5 hours of walking on the Great Wall at Jinshanling
* 2-3 hours of walking on the Great Wall at Simatai
* Walk from the restored part to the original wide side, covering the best three sections of the Great Wall.
* Flat rate program in English withi discounts for more than one members of your party
* Group size varies from 5 people to 35 people depending on the signups of each day
* Lunch, dinner and breakfast are included.
* Camp on the Great Wall at night to experience what the ancient warriors could do.
* Bonus tour to Gubei Watertown
* Last-minute signup is OK, even past midnight. There is NO deadline.
* Available every day!
* Group transport on a coach bus;
* Private car transfers between Jinshanling and Gubeikou sections;
* Bread and water for those who do not have time to take the breakfast on Day 1;
* Restaurant lunch and dinner;
* Continental breakfast on Day 2;
* Bottled water;
* General admissions to the Great Wall sections and the Watertown;
* Camping gears (tent, sleeping bag and mattress)
* English-speaking guide on Day 1 hike.
* Free morning pickup if your hotel is within the 2nd Ring Road (Loop). If you stay outside this radius, please go to our meeting point at Chaoyangmen Subway Station, a very easy place to get together.
(Private hotel transfer is $19 per car if you stay outside the loop.)
7:20 am: Meet at Chaoyangmen Subway Station Exit A. Depart for Jinshanling Great Wall.
10:00 am : Arrive at Jinshanling. Today's hike takes about 3.5 hours at Jinshanling and across to West Simatai or called "Second Valley," also a part of Jinshanling. The Great Wall at Jinshanling is one of the best preserved parts of the Great Wall with many original features. It got its name because it was built on the Greater and Lesser Jinshan (‘Gold Mountain’) Ranges. A tablet with the Chinese inscription for Jinshanling Great Wall was set into this section. The Jinshanling Great Wall has not been repaired since 1570. It is a remote and relatively isolated section of the Great Wall. As there are relatively few tourists at Jinshanling Great Wall, it is a good place to explore on foot. The Jinshanling Great Wall was initially built from 1368 to 1389 in the Ming Dynasty (1368-1644), and in 1567 and 1570 rebuilding of the Wall was mainly directed by General Qi Jiguang (1528-1588). Poems and tablet writings can be found on the Jinshanling Great Wall left from the time when Qi Jiguang directed the rebuilding of this section of the Great Wall.
2:00 pm: Gourmet lunch at a local restaurant at the foot of the Great Wall.
3:00 pm: Our local staff will transfer you from Jinshanling to Gubeikou Great Wall.
4:00 -5:30 pm: Watch the magnificant sunset at Gubeikou. Gubeikou offers unique insight into the history of the Wall and outstanding views of its original, unrestored state, making it great for those who are accustomed to hiking in wild areas. It is the oldest part of the Great Wall near Beijing. However, it does not require a long climbing to get on the Wall from the ground.
6:30-7:30: Have a groumet Chinese dinner in our camping headquarter, a farmotel. Our local guide will walk with you to the watchtower called "The General's Tower" to set up the tent with you. The tent, sleeping bag, and mattress are provided. In cold weather, doubled sleeping bags are offered to allow you to have a good sleep in the low temperature. You'll enjoy the rest of the night under the stars and the Moon inside the tower.
5:30 am: Wake up and welcome the beautiful sunrise that is only possible to watch by sleeping on the Wall. Take lots of photos if you can. You can fly a drone here if you wish.
6:30 am: Continental breakfast.
10 am: Our local staff will transfer you to the entrance of Gubei Watertown. You will meet with another tour guide who is handing over you the Watertown ticket including the Simatai tour. You will start your tour by yourself inside the Watertown.
The Simatai section of the Great Wall is situated at Gubeikou, an old town of strategic significance and is now managed by Gubei Watertown Resort. It is among the best-preseved sections of the Great Wall of the Ming Dynasty. The Simatai section spans 5.4 kms and has a total of 35 watchtowers. Due to the safety concern, Gubei Watertown only open the eastern watchtowers 2 to 10 to the public at this time, but you will still the Single-sided Wall that only can be found at Simatai. This type of wall looks like a Heavenly Stairway as local people call.
A fantastic section characterized by the delicate and unique design and diversified structures, it incorporates a variety of the styles of other parts of the Great Wall, Simatai is reputed as the Museum of the Great Wall. Besides its picturesque landscapes, Simatai is also a treasure of historical and cultural heritage.
You may walk and climb to the watchtower #5 and hike from there, or you can take the cable car to go up or down with extra fee.
Situated in Gubeikou Town of Miyun County in Beijing, Gubei Water Town surrounds the beautiful Mandarin Duck Lake Reservoir and leans against the Simatai Great Wall, the most dangerous and majestic section of the entire Great Wall. Regarded as 'Wuzhen in Beijing', Gubei Water Town boasts a combination of mountains, water and ancient villages.
The water town is built on the former 5 sub natural villages of Simatai Village at the foot of Simatai Great Wall. The Simatai village was developed from Simatai Castle built during the reign of Emperor Wanli ( 1573 -1620 ) in Ming Dynasty (1368–1644).
It is not just a historical water town but is a northern Chinese version of Wuzhen Water Town in the Southern China, has developed into a large-scale sightseeing and holiday destination. Covering an area of 3.5 square miles (9 square kilometers), the holiday resort includes two scenic districts, the Gubei Water Town and the Simatai Great Wall.
3:30 pm: You will get on our coach bus to return to Beijing. You will be dropped at Dongzhimen Bus Terminal where you can transfer to Subway Line 2 or other bus to go back to your hotel. Your guide can give you further direction on the bus.
"We did not book our trip ahead of time and were only in Beijing for 2 days. This seemed to be the only company that we were able to book the day before. The price was comparable to most all others and reviews seemed good, so we gave it a shot. I would say that our overall experience was beyond our expectations and our phenomenal guide is the reason to say so. I would highly recommend this company."
- Andy M., customer experienced in June, 2019
Copyright © 2003-2020 Great Wall Adventure Club, USA & China - All Rights Reserved.